Search This Blog

Like our Facebook page!!!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Cheeseburger Casserole


So much has been going on lately, and I've been so busy, I have been slacking on meal planning & proper grocery shopping. This morning, while trying to figure out what to make for dinner, I realized we don't have much meat left in our freezer. We're down to chicken & ground beef...Since we had chicken last night, I needed to figure out what to do with the ground beef. Searching through my cupboards, it became apparent  I really didn't have much to make this ground beef into a whole meal. I quickly decided,like I often do when dealing with limited ingredients, to try to make a casserole of some sort. This is what I came up with in my head,based on items I had on hand.....

It's extremely easy, and only requires a few ingredients. I used shoestring french fries, but I think it'd be better with crinkle cut.
I served this casserole with a nice salad. I won't say this is a dish to write home about or anything, but it was good & filling. The kids liked it, the hubby didn't complain. We all mostly filled up on salad, and this was more of the side dish.







1 Bag of Crinkle Cut French Fries
2 -3 lbs of Hamburger
1 Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cheddar Cheese soup

Brown your hamburger and drain it. Put it in a bowl and put in your soups. Mix it up. Take a baking dish and  put the hamburger mixture in it. Top it with french fries and bake it. I baked it at 400 degrees till the french fries were done. But I think you can bake it at 350 fine
I also added sliced american cheese on top of the hamburger(under the fries) and about 10 mins before taking it out of the oven, I sprinkled some shredded cheese & Bacon bits on top of the fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment